Being a local, Independant property firm, we value the importance of having like-minded, good quality conveyancers on hand who can act on behalf of our buyers and sellers. For that reason we always suggest using local solicitors who have a great track record and reputation. Our advice is to choose a conveyancer that you feel will work in your best interests and that you can gain a rapport with. Below are some other tips to think about before instructing a solicitor:
Five things to consider...
- Is the solicitor local and accessible? This is beneficial when dropping paperwork in and resolving any potential matters that arise
- Has the company got plenty of positive reviews from previous happy clients?
- Does the conveyancer you intend to use have 'good' capacity to handle your sale or purchase efficently?
- Are you likely to be penalised for additional charges should your sale or purchase fail to exchange contracts?
- Does the solicitor have great knowledge of the immediate area in which you are intending to buy? This is key when enquiries are being raised through the process.