If you’re hoping for a calm and relaxing month after all the Christmas chaos then having a cosy place to unwind in at home is essential.
We want to show you that whatever your home is like, you can always create a toasty, warm and cosy space for yourself to relax in, all while adding a little bit of the infamous ‘hygge’ factor to your abode.
So sit back as we take you through 9 super-simple tips to help you craft your ideal ‘snug’:
1) You can use a cosy throw on the end of your sofa in order to add a little bit of colour and texture to the room and, let’s face it, it’s perfect for those impromptu naps.
2) One feature that really does serve as the centrepiece in one’s snug is the seating. And choosing the right kind of seating is the biggest decision you’ll make, as it really is the main ingredient.
3) We’re putting it out there now in writing – there may be anything else in existence more cosy and relaxing than watching a beautifully flickering log-fire in the evenings.
4) By adding a scented candle to your home it will not only make the rooms smell lovely but it will also cast a nice warm glow that sets whatever atmosphere and tone you’re in the mood for.
5) By introducing different textures to a room’s furnishings it will help make your snug space feel even more intimate and at the same time it adds a little more character and personality to the area.
6) Dark winter nights can often feel cold, so it’s a good idea to add heavy curtains to your room to help keep out any draughts Winter might throw your way.
7) With all of this grey weather outside, the colour you choose inside your home becomes even more important. With just a few coloured accessories you can visually add warmth to a room.
8) If you have carpet you’ll probably be pretty sorted here but if you have wooden or laminate flooring you can either switch to a luscious deep-pile carpet or simply add in a large rug to provide some luxurious softness.
9) Finally, whether you choose a classic antique bookcase, a cheap but practical flatpack alternative or even just create a pile of books next to your seating, a snug is the best place for a good read.