Choosing The Right Estate Agent For You!
Moving home is stressful enough without the added stress of choosing the right estate agent to help you move. So we have compilled some top tips to help you choose the best agent for you and your property.
1) Ask family, friends and neighbours – it’s always good to have a personal recommendation.
2) Compare local estate agents base on the facts: how long have they been in business, how quickly they sell, how close they come in acheiving the asking price and how successful they are.
3) Make sure the agent has experience of selling property like yours - and the best way to do that is to check there are properties simular to yours in their window.
4) Look at the properties that agent sells on Rightmove – are the pictures well taken, and the descriptions clear and relevant?
5) The “sold” boards outside properties are good indicators of which agents are doing well.
6) Do not feel pressured to hire the estate agent you bought your house from. Obviously, if you were impressed by how they sold your house to you, you might decide to go with them again.
7) What is their viewing policy – check they will accompany potential buyers when you are out. Do they phone and send around potential buyers straight away?
8) Narrow your choices down to a shortlist of about three and invite them to do a valuation.
9) Are they members of a professional trade association, such as the National Association of Estate Agents, or the Guild of Professional Estate Agents?
10) Some agents will also charge you upfront for photos, floorplans and marketing! Shop round and ask this question to every agent!